Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2017-18
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2017-18
Course context for academic year 2017-18
Esta asignatura se encuentra dentro del Máster Inglés y Español para Fines Específicos, cuyo objetivo principal es adquirir una alta especialización académica en la disciplina lingüística del inglés para fines específicos (IFE).
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
Specific Competences (CE)
- CE15 : Be able to synthesise the stages of analysis of a human language processing system (morpholexical, syntactic-semantic and pragmatic), the main problems and the main methods applied for IFE and EFE.
- CE16 : Be able to elucidate the linguistic nature that distinguishes the varieties of EFE: the terminology, syntax, rhetorical organisation and communicative strategies.
- CE19 : Be able to use the communicative and discursive techniques common to most of the discourses of the speciality, which serve to achieve different communicative purposes (argument techniques, presentation description, narrative, explanation, etc.).
- CE21 : Be able to analyse the discourses constructed using the languages of the speciality, in English and Spanish, and establish their qualities and deficiencies according to the parameters studied from different linguistic perspectives.
- CE25 : Ability to use existing resources to obtain, handle, interpret, manage and transmit information: databases, written and oral corpora, Internet and the ICTs.
- CE28 : Ability to process large amounts of text using the shell and simple programming languages (awk).
- CE29 : Ability to use advanced language processing tools: morphological-syntactic analysers (part-of-speech taggers) and syntactic analysers (parsers), as well as the main lexicosemantic resources available (e.g. WordNet).
- CE3 : Apply the theories, models and linguistic tools that are relevant for study and research of the EFE.
- CE30 : Ability to process parallel and comparable multilingual corpora.
- CE31 : Ability to use automatic translators and computer-assisted translation tools intelligently and know how to assess their usefulness in academic and research contents.
- CE36 : Ability to apply linguistic knowledge to researching some aspect related to the languages of the speciality (English and Spanish).
- CE5 : Master the specific terminology of different kinds of the EFE in the contexts where they are used.
- CE7 : Be able to analyse the communicative genres of the different varieties of EFE.
- CE8 : Be able to transmit the techniques of Plain Spanish and its application to legal Spanish.
General Competences of the Degree Course:>>Instrumental: Conceptual or Cognitive
- CG1 : Know how to apply the main perspectives, theories, techniques and analysis models in the field of interdisciplinary research of linguistics applied to the study of the IFE.
- CG2 : Know how to apply the main perspectives, theories, techniques and analysis models in the field of interdisciplinary research of linguistics applied to the study of the EFE.
General Competences of the Degree Course:>>Instrumental: Procedural or Methodological
- CG3 : Ability to apply the knowledge acquired and solve problems in new or little-known settings within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to the languages of one's speciality.
- CG4 : Know how to integrate knowledge and deal with the complexity of giving opinions on the basis of information that may be incomplete or limited and includes reflections on the social and ethical responsibilities associated with applying one's knowledge and opinions in academic and research contexts.
- CG5 : Possess the ability for self-learning in the academic and research contexts associated with the languages of one's speciality.
- CG6 : Capacity to choose or design the right method of work to achieve the goals proposed in the academic and research contexts of the languages of one's speciality.
- CG7 : Capacity to communicate one's conclusions and the knowledge and reasons that support them to specialist and non-specialist audiences clearly and unambiguously in the academic and research contexts of the languages of one's speciality.
General Competences of the Degree Course:>>Instrumental: Technological
- CG8 : Use technological resources to acquire, handle, analyse, interpret and transmit information: databases, translators, spell-checkers, tools, word processors, multimedia presentations, etc.
General Competences of the Degree Course:>>Attitude: Individual
- CG10 : Capacity to work in interdisciplinary groups in international academic contexts.
- CG11 : Capacity to adapt to new situations.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Dominio del vocabulario específico del turismo y del ocio en español para comunicarse efectivamente en la lengua de especialidad.
- Capacidad para redactar y expresarse oralmente con claridad y precisión en la lengua de especialidad del turismo y del ocio.
- Comprender el funcionamiento de la industria turística, sus servicios y necesidades lingüísticas.
- Conocimiento de la pragmática del español en situaciones turísticas, incluyendo el uso del lenguaje no verbal, las expresiones idiomáticas y las convenciones sociales en la interacción con turistas.
- Capacidad para identificar, analizar y utilizar diversos géneros discursivos empleados en el ámbito turístico, como folletos, guías, cartas de bienvenida, anuncios publicitarios, entre otros.
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2017-18