Faculties and centres
This module focuses on the main diseases and their nutritional treatment during pregnancy, childhood and adolescence.
It is a compulsory module, taught in the first semester of the third year which is complemented by other modules taught throughout the degree that cover topics in dietary treatment at different life stages as well as under and over-nutrition. Thus, the students get the knowlegde throughout these different modules.
Please be aware that students should have passed “Nutrition in the Lifecycle” from second year to take this module.
Specific Competences (CE)
Specific transversal competences of the degree course :>>Foreign language proficiency
Specific transversal competences of the degree course :>>IT and information competences
Specific transversal competences of the degree course:>>Oral and written communication competences
General Competences of the Degree Course (CG):>>Nutrition, dietetics and health module
- To describe the factors that determine and have influence on food safety during pregnancy.
- To know the triggering factors that an altered nutrition may cause in pregnant woman and its consequences.
- To identify the different eating disorders during childhood and adolescence.
- To know what is the symptomatology, management and treatment of every disorder that affects to thefood intake during childhood and adolescence.
- To analyze the importance of nutrition in infectious disease processes during childhood.
- To identify the important aspects for data recollection, as well as eating behaviour analysis in children and adolescents, with the purpose of doing an effective nutrition and dietetic diagnosis.