Faculties and centres
With this subject students will understand the construction sector, in such away that they can use it as an introduction to construction.
Specific Competences (CE)
General Transversal Competences
This course is developed as a continuation and extension of the basic knowledge acquired in the four-month course History of the Construction. With this minimum knowledge and some new concepts, the aim for the student is to achieve the following goals:
• Identify the basic construction elements and parts.
• Acquire a comprehensive and comparative view from the first constructions up to now.
• Acquire the technical language of the discipline.
• Acquire the graphic expression of the elements and building construction techniques of the discipline.
• Develop a sense of observation.
• Identify and recognize different constructive typologies, morphology, function and performance.
• Get to pose and solve construction details.
• Know in theory and in practice the own construction techniques and the compatibility with the different building systems.
• Know the most appropriate building materials for each building type and its use in construction within the construction process.
• Acknowledge the different structural systems, learning the fundamental advantages and disadvantages that each one presents.
• Get adequate and sufficiently wide knowledge of construction, so that it is possible to continue in subsequent years of study.