Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2022-23
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
Course context for academic year 2022-23
Historical and methodological approach to Arab-Andalusian literature, description of the main authors and works of the period and the evolution of its main aesthetic and referential features, and initiation to literary text analysis, critical reading and review writing.
The course offers students a basic training that contributes to the development of skills related to the teaching of Arab-Andalusian literature, textual hermeneutics, literary historiography, research and documentation.
The subject of the course instructs in the basic knowledge and skills that students will develop in other subjects of cultural, literary and linguistic content throughout their academic training ("Civilization of al-Andalus" of 3rd year, "Classical Arabic texts" of 2nd year; and "Arabic texts: analysis and translation" of 4th year).
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
General Competences (CG)
- CG1 : Ability to gather and manage information that allows life-long learning.
- CG10 : Relate Arabic Studies with Philology and other disciplines, as well as work in interdisciplinary teams in national and international contexts.
- CG11 : Appreciate diversity, plurilingualism and multiculturalism in modern society.
- CG12 : Respect fundamental rights and promote democratic values, equality of men and women, equal opportunities and universal accessibility for the disabled and the values of peaceful culture.
- CG2 : Capacity to put the knowledge acquired into practice.
- CG3 : Capacity to plan and manage time.
- CG4 : Capacity to learn and work both autonomously and in a team.
- CG5 : Capacity for self criticism that encourages concern for quality and continuous improvement.
- CG6 : Interpret, analyse, synthesise and evaluate information scientifically and critically.
- CG7 : Make decisions, solve problems and adapt to new situations.
- CG8 : Generate new ideas, design and manage projects with initiative and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- CG9 : Transmit knowledge of one's disciplines, prepare and defend arguments and present problems and solutions to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
Specific Competences (CE)
- CE1 : Understand the key theories of the disciplines associated with Arab and Islamic Studies and apply them in practice to be able to operate appropriately in the different professional profiles accessible through the degree qualification or undertake further studies with a high level of autonomy.
- CE7 : Understand the characteristics and evolution of literature in the Arabic language to understand the role of its manifestations in building classical and contemporary literary thinking and assess its impact on the Arab social context and its relationship with other literatures.
- CE8 : Identify literary currents, their categories, concepts and nomenclature as a tool to analyse and criticise literary texts in Arabic.
- CGUA2 : Be able to use basic ICT tools at user level.
- CGUA3 : Be able to express oneself correctly in one of the two official languages of the Region of Valencia in one's discipline.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
1. Knowledge and clear differentiation of the structure of the Arab name, of the Arab titles and of the Islamic chronology.
2. To know the main authors and works of the Arab literature of Al-Andalus.
3. To know the more notable socio-cultural events of the history of Al-Andalus to understand the changes and evolution that has been in the literary works.
4. To know the different geographic domains in that it develops the Arab literary production of Al-Andalus.
5. To know the main aesthetic and referential characteristics of the different fields or movements that compose the history of the Andalusi Arab literature.
6. To know the different genders of the Arab literature of Al-Andalus and his classification according to the principles and paradigms of the Arab pragmatic.
7. To analyse an Arab Andalusi literary text attending to his form and message.
8. To relate a literary text Andalusi Arab with the socio-culturals events and the geographic peculiarities that determine it.
9. To recognise the field or literary movement to the that belongs an Andalusian text.
10. To distinguish and identify the different genders or literary movements that belongs according to the principles and paradigms of the pragmatic Arab.
11. To look for information on Arab literature of Al-Andalus and his critical interpretation.
12. To synthesize and order information on Arab literature of Al-Andalus and his critical interpretation.
13. To establish relations between the literary tradition Andalusian and other literary traditions with comparative will.
14. To make an oral or writing presentation, clear and concise, related with the history of the Arab literature of Al-Andalus.
15. To make an oral or writing presentation, clear and concise, arguments of personal assessment on the Arab literature of Al-Andalus.
16. To establish patterns of common behaviour and to differentiate intellectual attitudes of universal value.
17. To show critical trial.
18. To show a reflexive spirit not exclusive regarding the cultural paradigms, social and politicians of the Arab civilisation represented in his literature.
19. To moderate the values and personal attitudes on the Arab world in general attending to a tolerant and plural perspective of the literary exercise.
20. To stimulate the habit of reading of texts and works of the Arab literature of Al-Andalus through translations.
21. To stimulate the knowledge of the world like manner to interpret and to relate distinct literary traditions1