Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2021-22
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2021-22
Course context for academic year 2021-22
This module of the Degree in Tourism provides the student the basic tools to an appropriate guidance and management of the market research in Tourism, which means: summarizing, identifying, gathering and analyzing information for marketing strategy and tactics. The proper application of market research allows achieving, more efficiently, corporate and marketing objectives of the firm, as well as keeping the right way for the firm from a legal and ethical point of view.
This subject is included within Business Economy, closely related to other subjects of Tourism Strategic Management, and Accounting, of preceding or posterior years. Moreover, it is related to other Marketing subjects, by deepening in the information collection techniques indicated in the basic subject of Tourism Marketing and that will be used to make decisions exposed in other compulsory and / or optional subjects in the temporal order of the Degree.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
Specific Competences (CE)
- CE11 : Define commercial goals, strategies and policies.
- CE8 : Evaluate tourist potential and the prospective analysis of exploiting it.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2021-22
Training objectives / learning:
1. Know the stages of the commercial research process in the tourism sector.
2. Understand and know how to conduct commercial research in the tourism sector.
3. Know the information needs and the secondary data sources along with the qualitative and quantitative techniques of primary information collection to face a research problem in the tourism field.
4. Understand and know how to design a questionnaire applied to the tourism sector.
5. Understand and know how to plan an experiment in the tourist trade.
6. Understand the types of suitable sampling in tourism and its application in tourist field work.
7. Know the analysis of the data to establish and implement commercial action policies focused on promoting tourism.
Specific objectives contributed by the teaching staff:
• Know how to state a research problem in the tourism sector.
• Know how to write a research proposal in the tourism sector.
• Know how to write a research report in the tourism sector.