Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2023-24
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2023-24
Course context for academic year 2023-24
Planning Public Relations is a compulsory subject pursued, from the theoretical content - practical design and establishment of the public relations program in public and private organizations, to study the phases of the process and the development of strategies to implement persuasive communication policies.
This course is part of the subject called "structures, techniques and organization of advertising communication and public relations," which includes 48 ECTS credits, with the object of study as other compulsory subjects, Strategy Advertising and Public Relations, Systems and processes of Advertising and public Relations and as electives, public Relations Techniques, Structure of advertising and public relations, account address, protocol and events at institutions and companies and political communication and social interest.
This is a compulsory subject, which is intrinsically linked with two other subjects in the curriculum of the degree, "Theory of PR" compulsory and taught in the first year of degree character, and "Techniques of PR "optional and taught in fourth grade. The three subjects are covered in Module 2 entitled: disciplinary knowledge of the marketing communication and public relations. The first subject (Theory PR) is within Matter 3, "Theory and History of loa Advertising and Public Relations", while the other two (Planning Public Relations and Public Relations Techniques) share the subject 4, "Structures, techniques and organization of advertising communication and public relations."
From the basic knowledge of public relations in organizational structures both in the private sphere, as in the institutional, the study of the profession and the association of the activity is required. Once located, planning PR strategy is analyzed through the stages of programming, where he acquired significant research in public relations as a cornerstone in defining goals, establishing your map public as well as the choice of strategy and tactics selection or development of actions to finalize the evaluation of the effectiveness of both the actions and the strategic program developed. To all this must be added the study of the allocation of resources for program development.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
UA Basic Transversal Competences
- CGUA2 : Be able to use basic ICT tools at user level.
- CGUA3 : Be able to express oneself correctly in one of the two official languages of the Region of Valencia (Spanish or Catalan) in the discipline concerned.
- CG1 : Capacity to analyse and synthesise.
- CG3 : Basic understanding of the field of study.
- CG4 : Basic understanding of the profession.
- CG10 : Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams.
- CG14 : Abilities for criticism and self-criticism.
- CG15 : Capacity to learn.
Specific Competences:>>Knowledge (theoretical)
- CES12 : Study the department of communication in companies and institutions and the skills and techniques needed to manage them.
- CES19 : Understand the design and development of persuasive communication strategies.
- CES27 : Understand the professional ethics and deontology of advertising, public relations and all other types of communication.
- CES4 : Theoretical-practical knowledge of advertising and public relations, their processes, organisational structures and diachronic evolution.
- CES8 : Theoretical and practical understanding of management and direction of projects and public advertising and public relations communication companies.
Specific Competences:>>Professional (practical)
- CE17 : Ability to adapt to organisational aims.
- CE2 : Capacity and ability to design communication programmes according to different social and interpersonal means of communication.
- CE27 : Ability to manage time and capacity for organisation and temporalisation of tasks.
- CE34 : Capacity to programme specific communication actions, especially related to advertising and public relations, as well as measuring their results.
- CE40 : Capacity to communicate fluently and richly in a professional context (orally and in writing).
- CE44 : Skills, abilities and techniques for managing individuals, for team work and for assuming leadership in the field of commercial and non-commercial communication.
- CE60 : Ability to plan and execute research into communication, advertising and public relations.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2023-24