Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2022-23
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
Course context for academic year 2022-23
Empathy is essential for the professional work both in the public institutions and in the private corporations, because of the need to connect with a clients target (users/consumers/voters) that use to be diffuse, heterogeneous and changing. Given the fact that reaching empathy means understanding and satisfying future expectations, it´s key knowing how to identify, analyse and anticipate "what will be next" in society, politics, economy, culture, security, technology, etc.. and how it may affect people´s lifes in the future. Also how to deal with those challenges in a creative/proactive way. This course has an open, multidiscipinary, transversal approach; so all the international students (no matter the background/studies) interested in futures thinking and innovation are most than welcome.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
Specific Competences:>>Professional (practical)
- CE1 : Capacity to understand global communication and information processes.
- CE19 : Ability to identify, classify and communicate effectively with different audiences.
- CE21 : Capacity and ability to act as experts in the strategic management of image, identity, culture and corporate social reputation of companies.
- CE26 : Capacity to take strategic decisions.
- CE32 : Capacity for creativity and innovation: capacity to evolve towards the unknown, starting with a solid understanding of the project and strategy to be followed.
- CE37 : Ability to innovate and develop new media and vehicles.
- CE45 : Capacity to understand and interpret the context and adapt to change.
- CE46 : Capacity to interact with different audiences and society by applying synchronic and diachronic knowledge of the economic, social, cultural and demographic context.
- CE8 : Skills for the critical analysis of the different factors that make up the relationship between different communication companies, especially advertising and public relations, and their advertisers and/or audiences.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
Learning to be more competitive and problem solving trough being more emphatic and futures-oriented thinker; learning to observe and analyze in order to be able to anticipate changes (what if?) in consumers lifestyles which may imply the need of changes in the communication strategy of institutions and firms.