Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2022-23
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
Course context for academic year 2022-23
Strategic Marketing in a compulsory subject (6 ECTS credits) listed in the third year of the Degree of Business Administration and Management. It belongs to the "Marketing and Market Research Area” and it is related to other subjects of the degree, such as Introduction to Marketing, Marketing Management and Market Research. Therefore, this subject allows the improvement of the students’ knowledge in the area of marketing and market research in order to build their marketing basis of those who decide to dig on this discipline through the optional subjects of the four year (International Marketing, Communication Marketing, Commercial Distribution, and Sales Management).
Through this subject, the student becomes familiar with marketing from a firm management perspective, ie, as a way of thinking and as operational management of tools and procedures. To do this, the methodology enables to successfully strategize, implement and control the marketing plan. The aim of this subject is to give students the necessary skills to allow them to work in management positions in order to implement strategic marketing plans to guide for commercial practices of the firm in the long term.
Strategic Marketing contributes to the development of the students’ professional profile through the following competences:
- The lectures involve student participation in the learning process through the search and analysis of information necessary to complete the materials. This participation is implemented working as a team with other students in the classroom and also as a self-learning process out of the classroom. CG1, CG2, CG3.
- The theoretical contents taught in the classroom will be enriched through the teacher-students discussion, the exchange of information, and the search for a solution made by consensus. CG8, CGUA1, CE11.
- Practices will consist of real case studies that train the student in the development of strategic marketing plans. The purpose of these practices is the development of a strategic marketing plan, which must be submitted as a written report and also be presented during a 15 minutes communication. CG5, CG6, CGUA2, CGUA3, CE4, CE7.
- The student knows in advance the evaluation system of the subject and, therefore, he/she is able to determine the results achieved in terms of effort. CG3.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
General Competences (CG)
- CG1 : Capacity to find and analyse information.
- CG5 : Capacity to make decisions by putting theoretical knowledge into practice.
Specific Competences (CE)
- CE11 : Understand the most common strategic analysis tools for analysing companies in their context.
- CE4 : Issue consultancy reports on specific business and market situations.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
The main objectives are the following:
- The student will know an agile methodology to quickly and flexibly improve, change or reinvent a project.
- The student will be able to identify and analyze the necessary information to get an overview of the strategic decision making process.
- The student will understand the key tools of strategic marketing to plan the commercial actions in the long term.
- The student will know and analyze the market demand, the competitive positions of rivals, and other issues of the company’s environment from a marketing perspective.
- The student will be able to perform strategic analysis of the company’s portfolio to develop strategic proposals.
- The student acquires theoretical and conceptual knowledge of the main strategies of the company and its consequences.
- The student will understand and provide the control practices to manage the implementation of the marketing strategy.
- The student will learn to write strategic marketing plans and audit reports.