Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2022-23
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
Course context for academic year 2022-23
The main target of Business Management degree is to train professionals capable of carrying out management, advisory and evaluation tasks in productive organizations. These activities can be carried out in the global scope of the organization or in any of its functional areas: production, human resources, financing, marketing, administration or accounting.
Regarding this subject, through it the study of the process of Strategic Management of the company begins, which will continue being taught in the second semester subject (Strategic Management of the Company II). The aim of these subjects is to offer an overview of the company from the perspective of its senior management. The subject “Strategic Management of the Company I” studies the fundaments of this matter, focusing on the first stages of this process. Concretely, strategic analysis is addressed as well as the formulation of strategies at the business level.
Concerning the coordination of this subject within the academic structure of the degree, the subject of Strategic Management of the company it delves into concepts exposed in the subjects of Fundamentals of Business Economics, Operations Management and Organization Design. In addition, this subject will develop topics that students will need to have a good command of in order to take greater advantage of the subjects of Business Creation, Human Resources Management, International Business Strategy and Management, and Quality and Environmental Management.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
General Competences (CG)
- CG1 : Capacity to find and analyse information.
- CG2 : Capacity to work in a team.
- CG3 : Capacity for self-learning.
- CG4 : Apply professional criteria based on using technical instruments to analyse problems.
- CG5 : Capacity to make decisions by putting theoretical knowledge into practice.
- CG6 : Obtain important information that is impossible for non-professionals to recognise from the data.
- CG7 : Ethical commitment and social responsibility at work, respecting the environment, being aware of and understanding the importance of respecting Fundamental Rights, Equal Opportunities for Men and Women, Universal Accessibility for the Disabled and respect for the Values of Peaceful Culture and Democratic Values.
- CG8 : Analyse problems using critical reasoning, without prejudices, precisely and rigorously.
- CG9 : Capacity to synthesise.
General Competences acquired at University of Alicante (CGUA)
- CGUA3 : Capacity for oral and written communication.
Specific Competences (CE)
- CE1 : Manage and administrate a small, medium or large company, understanding its competitive and institutional positioning and identifying its strengths and weaknesses.
- CE11 : Understand the most common strategic analysis tools for analysing companies in their context.
- CE15 : Prepare decision-making in companies and organisations, especially at operational and tactical level.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
• Learning outcomes (training objectives):
Understand the environment factors and internal resources that influence the competitiveness of the company. Be able to perform a SWOT analysis. Know the different levels of strategic decision of a company. Be able to define the mission and establish strategic objectives in the company. Identify the competitive strategies that a company can carry out.
• Specific objectives specified by the Faculty for 2021-22:
Be able to have a global approach to the company.