Faculties and centres
The subject belongs to the general education of the Primary Education Teacher Degree, and is integrated into the Basic Training modules. It focuses on the study of the functions that correspond to the Primary Education teacher, in the pedagogical vision on the processes and practices of didactic innovation that must be carried out in Primary Education, both in school contexts and in extracurricular ones, as well as in the knowledge of the organization and management of an intercultural and inclusive school (instruments for management, human and material resources, spaces, relations with the educational community, ...). Therefore, it provides basic knowledge for the teacher profession for the Primary Education stage, since it addresses the roles and functions that make up the profession and the innovative aspects of management and curriculum are worked on at the stage. Its theoretical and practical contents will facilitate the acquisition of systemic and holistic knowledge about the school and the multiple contexts in which didactic practices can be carried out in the Primary Education stage. The subject is related to others, particularly with Theory and History of Education, Design of Educational Processes in Primary Education, Social, Cultural and Educational Changes, Attention to Specific Educational Needs, Practicum I, Practicum II, Final Degree Project .
General Competences (CG)
Specific Competences (CE)
- To know the historical evolution of the educational system in our country, and the political and legistlative covet of the educational activity.
- Understand and interpret the dynamics and organizational processes.
- Know and assess the complexity of the organizational structures of the centers.
- Develop cooperative, participatory attitudes and commitment to the educational reality.
- Acquire the ability of relationship, communication and leadership, as well as emotional balance in the various circumstances of professional activity.
- Mastering skills to perform the functions of mentoring and guidance with students and families.
- Acquire the necessary strategies to communicate with families, establish consistent criteria and involve them in the dynamics of the center.
- Know and assume the rights and duties of the teacher and the educational community, to enhance a citizen, active, critical and responsible attitude.
- Address and solve discipline problems.
- Train to boost the consensus of democratic coexistence rules with the students and contribute to the peaceful resolution of conflicts.
Block 4. Relations between schools and the community. The evaluation of - Know the process of admission of students in educational centers and the most convenient grouping in different educational situations.
- Promote actions to develop equal opportunities and compensate for inequalities of origin that affect students upon entering the center.
- Learn to manage the time variable in the organization of educational centers.
- Analyze and assess the most significant material elements of the school to take into account in the development of teaching-learning processes.
- Know quality management models and their application to schools to promote the quality of educational contexts and ensure the well-being of students.
- Participate in the definition of the educational project and in the general activity of the center, according to quality management criteria.
- Analyze the management of the centers and their capacity for innovation through institutional documents
- Know and apply innovative experiences in primary education.
- Identify and apply basic methodologies and techniques of educational research and be able to design innovation projects identifying evaluation indicators.