Faculties and centres
This course aims to get advanced training in the field of organometallic chemistry directed to the synthesis of organic structures with pharmaceutical applications. This course examines the preparation and applications in syntesis of main-group and transition-metal organometallics with an emphasis on basic mechanisms and structure-reactivity relationships.
This subject is related to the following subjects:
Chemistry degree: Organic Chemistry (26020), Organic Stereochemistry (26027), Structure Determination of Organic Compounds (26030), and Advanced Organic Chemistry (26035).
This subject is taught in English.
Competencias propias del módulo específico de química médica
Specific Competences:>>Specific Medical Chemistry Module
As general objective, it is intended that the students acquire the right skills to know and relate the structure, properties, reactivity, and applications of main-group and transition-metal derived organometallic compounds in organic synthesis.
On the other hand, this course is intended to acquire skills in the synthesis and manipulation of organometallic compounds as well as in the use of appropriate technique for the study and characterization of these compounds.
1. Recognize and classify the different types of main-group and transition-metal derived organometallic compounds.
2. Propose methods to prepare main-group and transition-metal derived organometallic compounds.
3. Know about the stabilty and reactivity (stoichiometric and catalytic) of the various types of organometallic compounds.
4. Apply the appropriate characterization technique to the analysis of organometallic compounds.
5. Know and demonstrate the utility of the organometallic compounds to the synthesis of drugs, especially by catalytic methods.