Faculties and centres
When considering the professional profile of the secondary teachers, we find several fields of crucial importance. On the one hand, teachers have to help students get ready for the challenges they will meet after leaving school. On the other, counseling students along their academic life is getting more and more important. Therefore, the teaching of a second language, in accordance with the principles of the new educational act (LOMCE), demands a new profile: EFL teachers are expected to make their students aware of the relevant cultural and linguistic singularities of the English language, so that students can have access to information from the different countries using that language. It is believed that this will certainly improve the education system. Teachers must be active agents of their own training so that in the end they may push the pedagogic renovation forward and establish their own quality parameters. For all these reasons, teachers must keep abreast of changes in our linguistic policy, especially all those related to CLIL, because that’s the only way of knowing what an EFL teacher has to aim for and achieve. This subject will allow future teachers to effectively apply the techniques and competencies of second language teaching. of the English tongue and give an idea of the necessary profile to turn into an effective professional, somebody opened to the changes and challenges that promote the development of the students of secondary education.
General Competences (CG)
The objectives for this subject are the following ones:
1. To be introduced to Applied Linguistics.
2. To learn about the theories of linguistics and educational psychology.
3. To know about the approaches and methodologies of language learning.
4. To increase students' knowledge in learning styles, multiple intelligences and the use of multimodality.
5. To use literature in the EFL classroom.
6. To increase students' knowledge in the Communicative Approach, Task-based Teaching and Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
7. To get familiarised with the Learning Design Specification (LDS) in Blended Learning instruction.
8. To learn about evaluation criteria, reflective tools in the teaching-learning process and error correction.
9. To be informed about the teacher training.
10. To be familiar with the Spanish educational system.
11. To know how to design a syllabus.
12. To learn about the teaching of the different skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking.