Faculties and centres
• In the current educational framework, there is a tendency to introduce the teaching of L2 at earlier stages. Coincidentally, the exposure to the L2 has likewise augmented in recent times, not only through multilingual and immersion programmes, but also by the increase of teaching hours both in schools and in informal settings (extracurricular activities).
• The introduction of English literacy makes more sense in this new paradigm, since it allows an approach to the teaching of pronunciation, writing and reading of English at earlier ages and with a successful methodology (synthetic phonics) which remains largely unknown in our country.
• The course is designed to serve as an introduction to new teaching methods of English literacy (the compulsory one in England). The course aims at studying and critically analysing the official scheme of the English educational authorities (Letters and Sounds), and the most widely recognized commercial programmes: Jolly phonics, Monster phonics, Phonics international, Read Write Inc phonics.
• All activities and materials created by the students of the subject (their own phonics materials) are meant to be useful in their future teaching practice.
General Competences (CG)
Specific Competences (CE)
Competencias Módulo optatividad:>>Mención en Lengua extranjera: Inglés
• Know and practice phonetic methods of teaching and learning L2 literacy.
• Assess the importance of oral and written texts of the English Language as part of compulsory education.
• Analyse the applications of oral and written texts in the teaching of English for Primary L2 curriculum.
• Know and implement appropriate measures and strategies to integrate theories and texts in the foreign language class.
• Know the oral tradition, written texts and other manifestations in English.
• Analyse and understand the importance of proper sequencing of the phases of the teaching and learning of reading and writing in L2.
• Be able to select appropriate oral and written texts for foreign language class.
• Know and apply knowledge and teaching resources needed to teach the subject.
• Possessing extensive information on techniques and resources for innovative English oral and written texts teaching in primary education.
• Learn strategies and evaluation techniques related to the subject taught.
• Being able to transcode L. literary works in English to audio-visual format.
• Apply ICTs in teaching oral and written texts in L2.