Faculties and centres
The subject Attention to Specific Educational Needs in Primary Education belongs to the Basic Training module, within the general training of the Primary Education Degree, assigning it 6 ECTS credits and located in the 2nd course, second four-month period. This subject belongs to the area of Didactics and School Organization and focuses the development of its contents on offering future professionals of this educational stage, a better understanding, in terms of identification, prevention and care and educational support in accordance with the special educational needs of students in centers and classrooms, within the general framework of the school curriculum. This subject contributes, within the Primary Education Degree, to develop the ability to value diversity as a natural fact and to integrate it positively in the classroom and to give an inclusive response to the special educational needs of its students.
This subject is related to other disciplines such as: Management and innovation in educational contexts; Learning difficulties and developmental disorders: evolutionary characteristics; Practicum I; Practicum II; Final Degree Project.
General Competences (CG)
Specific Competences (CE)
- To master and learn the specific terminology of the subject, both theoretical and practical.
- Know the contents of the subject, analyzing, interpreting and reflecting on them.
- Be able to apply the current legislation in the field of attention to students with specific needs of educational support in Primary Education.
- Identify at the classroom level the possible learning difficulties and developmental disorders of the student for subsequent referral to specialists in psycho-pedagogical support for the preparation of the psycho-pedagogical report that is required.
- Carry out actions at school and classroom level to prevent future learning difficulties and possible school maladjustment.
- Plan an inclusive educational response and curricular adaptation measures or other measures required by the student according to his/her special educational needs.