Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2016-17
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2016-17
Course context for academic year 2016-17
The course is located in the second quarter. Students will acquire the basics of structural design and the ability to design and verify the metal structures of the projects that they should manage in their professional career.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
General Competences (CG)
- G2 : Applied knowledge of the principles of general mechanics, the statics of structural systems, geometry of masses, the principles and methods of analysing the elastic behaviour of solids.
Specific Competences (CE)
- E10 : Ability to rehabilitate buildings and restore and preserve the Architectural Heritage.
- E13 : Capacity to apply technical regulations to the building process and generate technical specification documents for the construction procedures and methods of buildings.
- E15 : Ability to pre-dimension, design, calculate and check structures and oversee their material execution.
- E9 : Capacity to pass judgement on the causes and manifestations of building lesions, propose solutions to avoid or rectify the pathologies and analyse the useful life cycle of building elements and systems.
General Transversal Competences
- G11 : Skills in a foreign language.
- G12 : Computer and information skills.
- G13 : Oral and written communication skills.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2016-17
Get an overview of the different phases of structural design: design and modeling of the structure, load assessment, procurement efforts, sizing of structural elements, graphical definition and construction details.
Understanding why and be structures and forms.
Learn to calculate the forces, stresses and strains that occur in them, depending on the actions and the materials that make up.
Introduction to the calculation of the metal structures.
You must send in the post-practice.