Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2014-15
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2014-15
Course context for academic year 2014-15
In the subject of Graphic Expression in Building basic knowledge (for the representation and communication of architecture and construction) is given. It is, also, a training in the foundations of architectural language, aimed at the description and expression of architectural dimensional objects using two-dimensional systems of representation, presentation modes and graphics codes.
The type of representation that is practiced in the course is manual and instrumental. The subject is a practical application in the field of architecture and building of the systems of representation that are taught in Descriptive Geometry, a subject of the first semester. The subject is continued in Graphic Expression II, taught in the second year and where the student starts in the graphical representation of the constructive aspects of the proposed architecture through digital media. Later in the course Building Projects (of the fourth year) graphical process is culminated. The student has the option to acquire a further specialization through the subject of Advanced Graphing Systems.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
General Competences (CG)
- G3 : Capacity to apply spatial representation systems, develop sketches, proportionality, the language and techniques of graphic representation of building elements and processes.
Specific Competences (CE)
- E1 : Capacity to interpret and draft the graphic documentation of a project, gather data, draw plans and control work units geometrically.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2014-15
O1.-Lead the actual execution of the building works. Manage the economic control of the work
O2.- Elaborate health and safety plans and coordinate the activity of the companies in the field of health and safety on construction sites, both in the design phase.
O3.-Develop technical activities of calculation, measurement, valuations and economic studies.
O4.-Develop technical projects and the management of building works in all fields.