Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2016-17
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2016-17
Course context for academic year 2016-17
This subject initiates to students in the terminology, concepts and basic building elements of a construction project to make way for a broader view of the systems and procedures used in the construction sector. This subject is a basic tool of first contact with the world of buildings in general and construction discipline in particular. With this subject students will understand the construction sector, in such a way that they can use it as an introduction to construction.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
Specific Competences (CE)
- E7 : Ability to identify construction systems and elements, define their function and compatibility and on-site installation in the construction process. Propose solutions and solve problems relating to construction details.
General Transversal Competences
- G12 : Computer and information skills.
- G13 : Oral and written communication skills.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2016-17
This course is developed as a continuation and extension of the basic knowledge acquired in the four-month course History of the Construction. With this minimum knowledge and some new concepts, the aim for the student is to achieve the following goals:
• Identify the basic construction elements and parts.
• Acquire a comprehensive and comparative view from the first constructions up to now.
• Acquire the technical language of the discipline.
• Acquire the graphic expression of the elements and building construction techniques of the discipline.
• Develop a sense of observation.
• Identify and recognize different constructive typologies, morphology, function and performance.
• Get to pose and solve construction details.
• Know in theory and in practice the own construction techniques and the compatibility with the different building systems.
• Know the most appropriate building materials for each building type and its use in construction within the construction process.
• Acknowledge the different structural systems, learning the fundamental advantages and disadvantages that each one presents.
• Get adequate and sufficiently wide knowledge of construction, so that it is possible to continue in subsequent years of study.