Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2022-23
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
Course context for academic year 2022-23
Design of multimedia databases is a subject that, based on the training received in the Fundamentals of databases subject, aims that the student learn to design and manage databases, initially of general purpose, and then deepen and specialize in the design of databases that will host multimedia content (images, videos, etc.). In addition, an approximation will be made to the techniques of exploitation of multimedia databases through specific technologies.
The design methodology of the database goes from the conceptual design, followed by the logical design and finally, the physical design is studied.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
UA Basic Transversal Competences
- CT1 : Foreign language skills.
- CT2 : Computer and information technology skills.
- CT3 : Oral and written communication skills.
- C1 : Develop, maintain, administrate and evaluate multimedia services that satisfy all user requirements and behave reliably and efficiently while complying with quality standards.
- C10 : Select and manage platforms to support multimedia content from its creation to its distribution and consumption.
- C13 : Understand and know how to use persistent storage technology and multimedia information methods, especially files and databases, to obtain information systems that satisfy requirements efficiently.
- C14 : Design, implement, integrate and implant the tools, applications and components needed to store, process, distribute and access web-based information systems.
- C22 : Guarantee acceptable quality levels (performance, security, continuity, integrity, reliability) when distributing and storing multimedia content.
- C25 : Design, produce and manage multilingual and multimode multimedia content systems to guarantee their internationalisation, localisation, accessibility and usability.
- C26 : Understand, design, integrate and implant appropriate content management systems for specific requirements.
- C4 : Understand information recovery and extraction techniques using multimedia, multilingual and multimodal resources.
- C6 : Identify, manage, integrate and implant systems and infrastructures for the distribution, storage and support of multimedia content.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
- Understand the stages to follow in the process of designing a database.
- Master the symbology of the Entity-Extended Relationship Model and the Relational Model.
- Know how to perform the conceptual design of a database using the Entity-Extended Relationship (EER) model. Apply this knowledge to be able to design BD that supports multimedia information.
- Know and handle the METADATO concept. Know the products that currently exist in the market oriented to the management of multimedia data stored in databases.
- Know how to perform the logical design of a database using the Relational Model.Understand the concept of
- integrity of a database
- Acquire knowledge about security in databases.
- Familiarize the student with the manipulation of relational databases (DDL, DML, etc.)
- Acquire basic notions ofthe definition, operation and manipulation of BD noSQL.
- Acquire basic notions of manipulation through existing technologies in multimedia orientation databases.