Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2019-20
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2019-20
Course context for academic year 2019-20
Estructura de datos y Algoritmia is a compulsory subject that connects with some of the concepts presented in Programación 1, Matemáticas 1 and specially Programación 2. Moreover, it introduces the fundamentals of design, analysis and implementation of abstract data types and algorithms, as well as the analysis of efficiency. These new structures and algorithms are fundamental to the effective and efficient software development.
It is also the subject that opens the way for all subsequent courses where large volumes of information should be managed (multimedia).
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
UA Basic Transversal Competences
- CT1 : Foreign language skills.
- CT2 : Computer and information technology skills.
- CT3 : Oral and written communication skills.
- C5 : Programme applications robustly, correctly and efficiently, choosing the most appropriate paradigms and programming languages by applying one's knowledge of basic algorithmic procedures and using the most appropriate data types and structures.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2019-20
Having knowledge of different data structures and how to select the most appropriate for a problem solving. Determine the efficiency of algorithms and efficiently use different methods of sorting and searching. Know and use fundamental analysis techniques and design algorithms to understand the nature of the problems as independently as possible of implementation issues, resolving them efficiently.