Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2019-20
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2019-20
Course context for academic year 2019-20
Foundations of Databases is a basic course that develops concepts presented in Programming and Mathematics, and introduces the basics of databases, critical to the effective and efficient management software , including development and many other areas benefiting from its power and versatility.
It is also the first subject that opens the way to Multimedia Database Design ( 2nd year ) and, in general , to all subsequent courses dealing with design and manage the storage of large volumes of information and its integration into the structure company .
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
UA Basic Transversal Competences
- CT1 : Foreign language skills.
- CT2 : Computer and information technology skills.
- CT3 : Oral and written communication skills.
- C1 : Develop, maintain, administrate and evaluate multimedia services that satisfy all user requirements and behave reliably and efficiently while complying with quality standards.
- C10 : Select and manage platforms to support multimedia content from its creation to its distribution and consumption.
- C13 : Understand and know how to use persistent storage technology and multimedia information methods, especially files and databases, to obtain information systems that satisfy requirements efficiently.
- C16 : Create, design and evaluate man-computer interfaces that guarantee accessibility and usability.
- C22 : Guarantee acceptable quality levels (performance, security, continuity, integrity, reliability) when distributing and storing multimedia content.
- C6 : Identify, manage, integrate and implant systems and infrastructures for the distribution, storage and support of multimedia content.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2019-20
- Know and apply techniques for persistent storage.
- Knowing and applying the basics of designing a database that reflects an information system .
- Know how to develop and maintain systems for basic relational databases.