Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2022-23
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
Course context for academic year 2022-23
Information Management is considered as the culmination of a series of subjects that constitute the basic training in techniques of storage and information management, after Fundamentals of Databases (First Course) and Design of Databases (Second Course). This subject raises the problem of information management from a global point of view, in which students will develop for the first time a complete management project, defining the problem, designing and developing its solution, and facing different alternatives and challenges they will learn to overcome, and that will move them to the future situations that will arise in their professional employments.
Methodologically, the teaching of Information Management has been considered as a project-oriented learning, where it will start posing a challenge to achieve, from which the subject will provide the resources necessary for its achievement.
The skills acquired in Information Management will also support the other subjects of the specialization in Information Systems, where the problem of information management will be an active part of the developments in each of them.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
Specific Competences (Specific Technology):>>Information Systems
- CESI2 : Capacity to determine the requirements for information and communications systems of an organisation, paying attention to security aspects and complying the regulations and legislation in force.
- CESI3 : Capacity to participate actively in specifying, designing, implementing and maintaining information and communications systems.
- CB3 : Students must be able to gather and interpret relevant data (usually within their area of study) in order to make judgements that include reflection on relevant social, scientific or ethical issues.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
- Know and know how to apply a complete methodology of database design for information systems projects.
- Know and know how to apply tools and resources for the development of this methodology.
- Know and know how to apply different mechanisms of access and management of stored information.
- Facing and knowing how to solve different challenges in the management of information common in the future professional activity of the student.
- Discover new trends related to information management