Faculties and centres
The subject Computers Engineering is part of a group of subjects focused on the Computer Architecture; other subjects of this group are Foundaments of Computers, Structure of Computers and Computer Architecture. The latter is in the second year and its contents are a basic base for Computers Engineering. From a historical perspective, whilst a tecnological evolution is followed, in Computers Engineering complex architectures are studied with different degrees of parallelism, which are the base of high performance architectures. These high performance architectures and their characteristics will be studied in Computers Engineering.
Specific Competences (CE)
There is a general focused in the understanding of the high performance architectures by the student. To reach this general objective, the following specific objectives are proposed:
• To know the basic characteristics of the parallel computing according to the different architectures.
• To get knowledge about tecniques to evaluate teh high performance architectures.
• To develop a critical spirit about architectures evaluation and the use of parallelism to improve the performance.
• To select the best parallel architecture according to the problem we want to solve.
• To know the main elements in the design of a multicomputer and a multiprocessor.
• To understand the differences in the design of different parallel architectures and how these defferences determine the performance.
• To develop the capacity of belonging to a group of design and developing of software to parallel architectures.
• To get the capacity of analising a problem form a parallel point of view.