Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2022-23
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
Course context for academic year 2022-23
Programming 2 extends the contents of Programming 1 in order to design mid-size programs, to learn programming tools, and to introduce the basics of the object-oriented paradigm.
This subject is given after Programming 1, and it is related to Fundamentals of Databases. It is also the basis for Programming 3, Programming and Data Structures, Algorithm Analysis and Design, and Database Design.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
General Competences (CG)
- CG3 : Capacity to understand and master the basic concepts of discrete mathematics, logic, algorithms and computational complexity and their application to solve problems related to engineering.
- CG4 : Basic understanding of the use and programming of computers, operating systems, databases and computer programs applicable to engineering.
- CG6 : Suitable understanding of the concept of companies, institutional and legal framework of companies. Company organisation and management.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
The main goals of this subject are to learn how to design a mid-size program using both structured and object-oriented programming, and to encourage the critical ability needed to develop clear, efficient and robust software.
In order to achieve these goals, the programming basis adquired in Programming 1 will be extended, adding concepts about strings, files and program arguments. Some programming tools (make, debuggers, etc.) will be described, and finally the object-oriented programming paradigm will be introduced.