Faculties and centres
Operations Management: this course is part of the subject "Business Organization" and is taught in the second half of the first year of the degree. This course is intended for students to understand the problems of operations in the company and its relationship with other functional areas and business strategies. It also discusses planning and control tools in the area of operations, and improvement processes of the organization in the context of operations management. This subject is studied after "Fundamentals of Business Economics" and it provides basic knowledge on the administration of organisations. Thus, the discipline, "Operations Management" focuses on the study of one of the business organisations subsystems, operations / production, keeping a relationship with other subjects of business administration in the degree in which other business subsystems are studied and other more specific leadership and management concepts, such as:
• Introduction to Marketing, 1 st year.
• Organization Design, 2nd year.
• Finance, 3 rd year.
• Strategic Management of Companies I, 3 rd year.
• Strategic Management Companies II, 3 rd year.
• Strategy and International Business Management, 4 th grade.
• Entrepreneurship, 4 th grade.
• Human Resource Management, 4 th grade.
• Quality Management and Environment, 4 th grade.
General Competences (CG)
General Competences acquired at University of Alicante (CGUA)
Specific Competences (CE)
1. Understand the problems of operations in the company and its relationship with other functional areas and business strategy.
2. Knowing and applying planning and control tools in the area of operations.
3. Identify opportunities for improvement in the organization in the context of operations management.
4. Learning to use mathematical models of decision making.
5. Develop a critical mind to the business situations.