Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2021-22
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2021-22
Course context for academic year 2021-22
This is the first course in the sequence "Quantitative Methods: Statistics and Econometrics". The second course of this sequence is in the second year.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
General Competences (CG)
- CG1 : Capacity to find and analyse information.
- CG4 : Apply professional criteria based on using technical instruments to analyse problems.
- CG5 : Capacity to make decisions by putting theoretical knowledge into practice.
- CG6 : Obtain important information that is impossible for non-professionals to recognise from the data.
- CG8 : Analyse problems using critical reasoning, without prejudices, precisely and rigorously.
General Competences acquired at University of Alicante (CGUA)
- CGUA2 : Use computer tools and information and communications technology as a matter of course throughout one's professional career.
- CGUA3 : Capacity for oral and written communication.
Specific Competences (CE)
- CE13 : Use significant economic-social data to apply the appropriate statistical and econometric tools to analyse companies in their context.
- CE15 : Prepare decision-making in companies and organisations, especially at operational and tactical level.
- CE3 : Use relevant computer records to evaluate the situation and possible evolution of a company.
- CE4 : Issue consultancy reports on specific business and market situations.
- CE5 : Draft overall management projects or projects dealing with functional areas of the company.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2021-22
Enabling the students to use Excel for descriptive statistical analysis and finding binomial and normal probabilities.