Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2022-23
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
Course context for academic year 2022-23
The content of this subject is made to prepare the student in taking the most important corporate financial decisions. To do so, this subject focuses on the investment and financing decisions on the long term. We will discuss their relevance, the problems that arise when taking these decisions, and the main mechanisms to take them in practice.
This subject is strongly related to other subjects in the sense that it needs several concepts learnt in other courses of the business degree, especially those in the third course. This subject includes concepts of accounting, financial analysis, taxes and marketing, apart, of course, from the main financial concepts learnt in the previous finance subjects.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
General Competences (CG)
- CG4 : Apply professional criteria based on using technical instruments to analyse problems.
- CG5 : Capacity to make decisions by putting theoretical knowledge into practice.
- CG8 : Analyse problems using critical reasoning, without prejudices, precisely and rigorously.
Specific Competences (CE)
- CE1 : Manage and administrate a small, medium or large company, understanding its competitive and institutional positioning and identifying its strengths and weaknesses.
- CE15 : Prepare decision-making in companies and organisations, especially at operational and tactical level.
- CE2 : Integrate oneself in any functional area of a small, medium or large company or organisation and carry out all the management tasks involved without problems.
- CE4 : Issue consultancy reports on specific business and market situations.
- CE9 : Know how to use different technical instruments for financial analysis and assimilate knowledge on the working of national and international financial markets to be able to analyse a company in its context.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
These are the specific aims of this subject:
- To acquaint the student with long-term fundamental corporate financial decisions.
- To acquaint the student with the mechanisms used to evaluate investments and their consequences.
- To acquaint the student with the corporate finance theory related to the capital structure decision.
- To acquaint the student with the simultaneous analysis of investment and financing decisions.