Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2022-23
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
Course context for academic year 2022-23
The aim of the Degree in Business Administration and Management is to produce professionals who can perform management, consultancy and evaluation tasks in organizations involved in production. These tasks may be carried out within the overall scope of the organization or in any of its functional areas: production, human resources, financing, marketing, administration or accounting.
Graduates should understand how the functions of these areas relate to the general aims of the production unit and how these aims fit into the overall economic context, and be able to contribute to corporate operations and the improvement of results. Specifically, they should be able to identify and anticipate opportunities, assign resources, organize information, select and motivate personnel, take decisions, attain their proposed objectives and evaluate results.
In regards to the subject “Organizational Design”, students are to understand the different theories in the field of organizational structure and their application to organizational problem solving, to be able to analyze an organization’s structural situation, to identify and understand a company’s main structural strengths and weaknesses, and to provide solutions for its structural problems and issues.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
General Competences (CG)
- CG1 : Capacity to find and analyse information.
- CG2 : Capacity to work in a team.
- CG3 : Capacity for self-learning.
- CG4 : Apply professional criteria based on using technical instruments to analyse problems.
- CG5 : Capacity to make decisions by putting theoretical knowledge into practice.
- CG6 : Obtain important information that is impossible for non-professionals to recognise from the data.
- CG7 : Ethical commitment and social responsibility at work, respecting the environment, being aware of and understanding the importance of respecting Fundamental Rights, Equal Opportunities for Men and Women, Universal Accessibility for the Disabled and respect for the Values of Peaceful Culture and Democratic Values.
- CG8 : Analyse problems using critical reasoning, without prejudices, precisely and rigorously.
- CG9 : Capacity to synthesise.
General Competences acquired at University of Alicante (CGUA)
- CGUA3 : Capacity for oral and written communication.
Specific Competences (CE)
- CE1 : Manage and administrate a small, medium or large company, understanding its competitive and institutional positioning and identifying its strengths and weaknesses.
- CE10 : Know how to use different technical instruments for the analysis of operations and assimilate the main theories of organisations to be able to analyse a company in its context.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
1. To analyze the structural situation of a company.
2. To identify and understand the main structural strengths and weaknesses of a company.
3. To understand a number of different theories in the field of organizational structure and their application to organizational problem solving.
4. To be able to provide viable solutions for given cases.
5. To understand the concept of organization, organizational structure and organizational design.
6. To be able to make decisions related to the effective design of an organizational structure.