Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2022-23
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
Course context for academic year 2022-23
Statistical and econometric techniques are important tools for analysing economic data; therefore they are part of the programs in the Grades in Business Administration all around the world.
The course “Statistics and Introduction to Econometrics” is the second course of the area denoted as Quantitative Methods: Statistics and Econometrics, in the Degree of Business Administration at the University of Alicante. The goal of this course is to provide the students with the basic knowledge on Statistical Inference, which allow to withdraw conclusion about an event of economic interest from the observed data, and to teach the basic econometric techniques which allow to analyse the relationship between the economic and business variables.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
General Competences (CG)
- CG1 : Capacity to find and analyse information.
- CG4 : Apply professional criteria based on using technical instruments to analyse problems.
- CG5 : Capacity to make decisions by putting theoretical knowledge into practice.
- CG6 : Obtain important information that is impossible for non-professionals to recognise from the data.
- CG8 : Analyse problems using critical reasoning, without prejudices, precisely and rigorously.
General Competences acquired at University of Alicante (CGUA)
- CGUA2 : Use computer tools and information and communications technology as a matter of course throughout one's professional career.
- CGUA3 : Capacity for oral and written communication.
Specific Competences (CE)
- CE13 : Use significant economic-social data to apply the appropriate statistical and econometric tools to analyse companies in their context.
- CE15 : Prepare decision-making in companies and organisations, especially at operational and tactical level.
- CE3 : Use relevant computer records to evaluate the situation and possible evolution of a company.
- CE4 : Issue consultancy reports on specific business and market situations.
- CE5 : Draft overall management projects or projects dealing with functional areas of the company.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
Enabling the students to use Excel for statistical inference and econometric analysis