Faculties and centres
The degree in Labour Relations and Human Resources is a qualification that is characterized by different disciplines that share a common reference: the workplace. Due to the complexity of the problems that characterize the world of work, the protection of workers’ health and the prevention of problems caused by working conditions are essential. Broad and comprehensive training in labor relations requires that the activities of health promotion workers are not limited to a mandatory set of corporate compliance duties or the reduction of risk, rather these issues should be integrated into all decisions in the company. From this perspective, the occupational health course contributes to this training by providing concepts, theories and methods for knowledge and evaluation of the causes and consequences of occupational diseases. It also proposes strategies to plan and manage prevention and intervention programs in occupational health. Similarly, if one looks at professional roles related to both the legal and business communities, it can be seen that professionals take decisions that affect the health of workers both directly and indirectly. The course in occupational health is a required course within the Occupational Health and Occupational Risk Prevention module. Given the transversal nature of the course, fundamental content is included that is complementary to other subjects (concept of occupational diseases, injuries due to accidents at work, work disability), both within the training for the same degree as well as in future postgraduate studies.
General Competences (CG)
Specific Competences (CE)
* Understand the relationship between working conditions and health.
* Be able to recognize principle health problems related to one’s occupation.
* Be familiar with the institutions and organizations related to occupational health within and outside of the company.
* Apply the activities, tools and techniques for prevention of health problems resulting from labor risks.
* Demonstrate interdisciplinary competencies to work in occupational health services.
* Demonstrate a positive attitude with respect to the prevention of work related health problems.
* Apply knowledge and favorable attitudes towards the protection of health at work in the development of labor risk prevention plans within the company.
* Use correct vocabulary and demonstrate written competency related to occupational health.