Faculties and centres
Botany is a training course basic in the degree of Marine Sciences since it comprises vegetable basic on the organisms, prokaryotic and eukaryotic knowledge as well as fungi and different associations between all of them. It is also intended to prepare the student for the better understanding of the subjects: Marine Botany and Marine Biology, scheduled in the second half of the course and other subsequent courses such as Marine Biotechnology.
Specific Competences:>> Ability
* Know the basic principles of the structural organization and evolutionary processes of plants.
* Learn about diversity and adaptations of algae, fungi, mosses and cormophytes to different environments (marine, aquatic and terrestrial).
* Acquire knowledge of different fields of application of algae and fungi.
* Use the information and documentation necessary for the separation, identification and inventory of plants and fungi.
* Develop reports and oral presentations of Botany from information managed in the theoretical sessions and practical.