Faculties and centres
Marine Biotechnology will join other topics to ensure the acquisition by students of basic skills in degree of Marine Sciences. This topic/course is a basic training for graduates in Marine Sciences on the application of biotechnological tools for the analysis and management of the marine and coastal environments and for the development and practical use of the organisms from such environments
DURING THIS ACADEMIC COURSE 25% OF MARINE BIOTECHNOLOGY TEHORY WILL BE TAUGHT IN ENGLISH, TO HELP STUDENTS MEET THEIR LANGUAGE KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENT
Specific Competences:>> Ability
- To Know and to understand the essential facts and concepts related to marine biotechnology.
- To Know the marine organisms of interest in biotechnology, their basic functions and role in the ecosystem.
- To Acquire the ability to analyze and determine those marine organisms that may be useful in biotechnology.
- To Know and to apply biotechnology methodologies to the marine environment.
- To Acquire knowledge on the marine biotech companies and the legal aspects of marine biotech.