Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2022-23
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
Course context for academic year 2022-23
Mathematics are a fundamental tool for the study of experimantal sciences. Its location in first course inside the common teachings of basic formation in Biology degree allows to consolidate the knowlegde that students should have adquiared in High School, and, moreover, it gives the basic tools for the elaboration, study and simulation of different biological dinamic models.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
Generic Degree Course Competences
- CG1 : Develop capacity for analysis, synthesis and critical reasoning.
- CG10 : Develop knowledge-based critical attitudes.
- CG3 : Solve problems effectively.
- CG4 : Show capacity for teamwork.
- CG5 : Commitment to ethics and the values of equality, as well as social responsibility as a citizen and as a professional.
- CG6 : Learn autonomously.
- CG7 : Show the ability to adapt to new situations.
- CG9 : Show the ability to transmit information, ideas, problems and solutions to both specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- CE3 : Understand and apply mathematical and statistical methods for validating models from experimental data applied to Biology.
- CE30 : Interpret, evaluate, process and synthesis Biological data and information.
- CE35 : Interpret data gathered from observation and measurement in the laboratory and the field.
- CE37 : Ability to find, analyse, understand and write scientific and technical texts.
- CE40 : Relate Biology to other disciplines.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
Understand the basic operations of matrices and determinants.
Solve systems of linear equations.
Know when an array is diagonalizable.
Know the basic rules of limits and derivatives.
Know how to calculate the integrate and its applications.
Solve Ordinary Differential Equations