Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2022-23
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
Course context for academic year 2022-23
With this subject, the student would learn the basic terminology of Chemistry. This would allow expressing himself/herself with correct precision in Science, depicting ideas and concepts and the connections between them. Also would allow himself/herself to think in scientific terms and see the relationship between Chemistry and Biology bases of knowledge. The student must learn the capacity to apply and link the chemical and physical laws and principles of Biology and Marine Sciences, applying them to solve chemical problems and understanding the results and discussing if these are correct or not. The student must know the molecules structures and functions and understand the thermodynamic principles in order to expand this knowledge to the study of the biomolecules and their function and its application to bioenergetics. In this subject, the student would gain the required abilities to work in a Chemistry lab, including experimental setups, measure acquisition, and discussion of the results applying chemical and physical laws, manipulating the glassware, reactive, instrumentation and displays with safe. Finally, the student has to be able to study and plan his/her activities to acquiere the knowledge of this subject, individually or working in groups, searching, selecting and synthetazing the information from different bibliographical sources.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
Generic Degree Course Competences
- CG1 : Develop capacity for analysis, synthesis and critical reasoning.
- CG3 : Solve problems effectively.
- CG4 : Show capacity for teamwork.
- CG6 : Learn autonomously.
- CE1 : Acquire the fundamentals of biological terminology, nomenclature, conventions and units.
- CE13 : Study the structure and function of biomolecules and understand their function in biological processes.
- CE17 : Understand the principles of thermodynamics and their applications in bioenergetics.
- CE2 : Relate the physical and chemical principles of Biology.
- CE31 : Recognise and implement good scientific practices for measurement and experimentation.
- CE32 : Safe handling: biological material, reagents, instruments and devices used in Biology.
- CE33 : Carry out standard laboratory procedures involved in analytical tasks.
- CE34 : Plan, design and execute practical research studies, evaluating the results.
- CE35 : Interpret data gathered from observation and measurement in the laboratory and the field.
- CE40 : Relate Biology to other disciplines.
Generic UA Competences
- CGUA2 : Express oneself correctly, both orally and in writing, in either of the official languages of the Region of Valencia.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
Link the physical and chemical laws and principles of Biology. (CE 2) y (CE3, CE4 )
Study the structure and function of biomolecules, and understanding of their action in biological processes. (CE13) y (CE1, CE12)
Understand the thermodynamic principles and their application in bioenergetics. (CE17) y (CE3, CE4, CE12)
Acquire the required abilities to work in the lab and discuss the experimental data and measures of Chemistry applied to Biology, being able to work safely with biological material, reagents, instruments and displays. (CE31-CE35) y (CE12, CE23)
Know how to search, analyze, understand, write and present scientific and technical texts. (CE36, CE37) y (CE22, CE33)
Connect the Chemistry bases with Biology. (CE40) y (CE6)