Faculties and centres
Study of the English language with the aim of (i) developing the student's communicative competences at level B2.1 according to the European Framework of Reference (CEFR) in English language, (ii) strengthening the competences acquired in English Language I and II and (iii) learning and practising basic tools of linguistic analysis in order to acquire a deeper knowledge of the English grammar.
General Competences (CG)
General Competences acquired at University of Alicante (CGUA)
Specific Competences (CE)
Generic Degree Course Competences
Generic UA Competences
Specific Competences (CE):>>Conceptual
Specific Competences (CE):>>Procedural
Specific Competences (CE):>>Attitude
1. To develop communicative competences at level B2.1 according to the European Common Frame of reference (CEFR) in English language.
2. To develop the skills set out in the CEFR at B2.1 level.
3. To strengthen the knowledge acquired in English Language I and II.
4. To understand texts, discourse and conversations on familiar topics.
5. To use bibliographical references to obtain information and to be able to contrast it with previous knowledge.
6. To use knowledge, materials and resources in order to learn independently.
7. To collaborate in order to achieve a common goal or result; e.g. in a written assignment, an oral presentation, a debate or a conversation.
8. To learn about the different cultural traditions of English-speaking countries.
9. To revise and build upon prior knowledge of English grammar.
10. To learn and use basic tools of linguistic analysis, such as syntactic analysis, word categories, etc.
11. To use translation as a tool for learning and contrasting languages.