Faculties and centres
This course is an approach to sign languages as natural languages and the Deaf Community as a linguistic and cultural community.
General Competences (CG)
General Competences acquired at University of Alicante (CGUA)
Specific Competences (CE)
Generic Degree Course Competences
Generic UA Competences
Specific Competences (CE):>>Conceptual
Specific Competences (CE):>>Procedural
Specific Competences (CE):>>Attitude
- Reflecting on the diversity of form of language and languages (visual / acoustic), given its importance in the approach to the edge and ontogenetic origin of human language.
- Reflecting on the whole process of communication, distinguishing the role of paralinguistic and non-linguistic elements in oral communication and the marked.
- Acquire a general knowledge about the history of linguistic studies on sign languages and the history of education of the deaf.
- Manage the basic concepts and relevant theories of sign linguistics.
- Apply instrumental techniques of linguistic analysis to the Spanish sign language.
- Developing language skills (querológicas, lexical and grammatical), for communication in Spanish Sign Language (LSE).
- Develop the skills necessary to alphabetic writing of the LSE.
- Developing language skills (querológicas, lexical) for basic communication in the International Sign System.
- Apply the linguistic knowledge of sign languages to specific fields of human linguistic activity (language teaching, translation, linguistic pathologies ...).
- Be aware of the role of sign languages in shaping culture of deaf communities.
- Assess the importance of linguistic diversity mode.
- Be aware of the structural similarities of languages, as well as the differences that singularise.
- Be aware of the importance of the visual channel in the representation of verbal art.
- Be aware of the role of sign languages in the education of deaf people.