Faculties and centres
Academical matter that treats of the study of the history of Al-Andalus taking in consideration the historical-geographic production written in Arabic. We will translate, we will study and we will know the characteristics of the main Andalusian works of history and geography written in Arabic language.
It contributes to the main purpose of the Degree in the measure that it provides to the students a specific cultural training on the historical evolution of this edge of the Arab-Muslim world in the past, border land that was known as "Al-Andalus". It does insists in the the review of the historical past, and in the comment of historical texts, and in literary criticism of texts of Andalusi period, from a current perspective.
General Competences (CG)
Specific Competences (CE)
Specific formative objectives:
– Knowledge of the concepts of government and exercise of the sovereignty in the classical islam, that helps to understand the political thought and the uses of government of the leaders of the successive Muslim states that govern in Al-Andalus.
– Understanding, synthesis and analysis of the main events and historical processes of the history of the successive states that happened in Al-Andalus (711-1492).
– Understanding, synthesis and analysis of the main genders and of the main works of the historical and geographic literature written in Al-Andalus.
– Acquisition of the necessary skills for the translation of these Arab texts, as well as for the realisation of the comments of texts of the same.
– They will do diverse critical and comments of these writings to form to the students about the diverse ways of manipulation of the reality in the past.
– We will do at least an exercise in form of debate, aiming that the students can reach skills in the public exhibition and transmission of ideas.