Faculties and centres
Historical and methodological approach to Arab-Andalusian literature, description of the main authors and works of the period and the evolution of its main aesthetic and referential features, and initiation to literary text analysis, critical reading and review writing.
The course offers students a basic training that contributes to the development of skills related to the teaching of Arab-Andalusian literature, textual hermeneutics, literary historiography, research and documentation.
The subject of the course instructs in the basic knowledge and skills that students will develop in other subjects of cultural, literary and linguistic content throughout their academic training ("Civilization of al-Andalus" of 3rd year, "Classical Arabic texts" of 2nd year; and "Arabic texts: analysis and translation" of 4th year).
General Competences (CG)
Specific Competences (CE)
1. Knowledge and clear differentiation of the structure of the Arab name, of the Arab titles and of the Islamic chronology.
2. To know the main authors and works of the Arab literature of Al-Andalus.
3. To know the more notable socio-cultural events of the history of Al-Andalus to understand the changes and evolution that has been in the literary works.
4. To know the different geographic domains in that it develops the Arab literary production of Al-Andalus.
5. To know the main aesthetic and referential characteristics of the different fields or movements that compose the history of the Andalusi Arab literature.
6. To know the different genders of the Arab literature of Al-Andalus and his classification according to the principles and paradigms of the Arab pragmatic.
7. To analyse an Arab Andalusi literary text attending to his form and message.
8. To relate a literary text Andalusi Arab with the socio-culturals events and the geographic peculiarities that determine it.
9. To recognise the field or literary movement to the that belongs an Andalusian text.
10. To distinguish and identify the different genders or literary movements that belongs according to the principles and paradigms of the pragmatic Arab.
11. To look for information on Arab literature of Al-Andalus and his critical interpretation.
12. To synthesize and order information on Arab literature of Al-Andalus and his critical interpretation.
13. To establish relations between the literary tradition Andalusian and other literary traditions with comparative will.
14. To make an oral or writing presentation, clear and concise, related with the history of the Arab literature of Al-Andalus.
15. To make an oral or writing presentation, clear and concise, arguments of personal assessment on the Arab literature of Al-Andalus.
16. To establish patterns of common behaviour and to differentiate intellectual attitudes of universal value.
17. To show critical trial.
18. To show a reflexive spirit not exclusive regarding the cultural paradigms, social and politicians of the Arab civilisation represented in his literature.
19. To moderate the values and personal attitudes on the Arab world in general attending to a tolerant and plural perspective of the literary exercise.
20. To stimulate the habit of reading of texts and works of the Arab literature of Al-Andalus through translations.
21. To stimulate the knowledge of the world like manner to interpret and to relate distinct literary traditions1