Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2022-23
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
Course context for academic year 2022-23
The tourist information has a major territorial component. The use of information technology (ICT) process-oriented geographic information and geo improve the management of tourism resources and their exploitation as "sustainable product", allowing the spatial relationship with other phenomena and environmental vulnerability, facilitating tasks management and planning.
ICT with geographic information (TIG) train tourism professionals to improve the dissemination and promotion of tourism resources of an area, using electronic media and the Internet provide the WEB, with the widespread use of social networks and mobile devices communication further enhanced this process
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
General Competences acquired at University of Alicante (CGUA)
- CGUA2 : Be able to use basic ICT tools at user level.
- CGUA4 : Be able to commit oneself ethically with sustainability, fundamental rights, equality of men and women, the principles of equal opportunity and universal accessibility for the disabled, as well as the values of a peaceful, democratic culture.
Specific Competences (CE)
- CE1 : Understand the principles of tourism: its spatial, social, cultural, legal, political, labour and economic dimension.
- CE18 : Identify and manage tourist areas and destinations.
- CE19 : Manage tourist areas in accordance with sustainability criteria.
- CE23 : Analyse the impacts generated by tourism.
- CE24 : Analyse and use information and communication technologies (ICT) in the different fields of the tourist sector.
- CE28 : Understand the objectives, strategies and public instruments of planning.
- CE32 : Detect technical planning needs for tourist infrastructures and facilities.
- CE5 : Convert and empirical problem into an object of research and draw conclusions.
- CE8 : Evaluate tourist potential and the prospective analysis of exploiting it.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
Highlighting the importance of serving GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION managing tourism activities from a territorial perspective.
Highlight the role of digital information and communication technologies (ICT) and geographic information systems (GIS DATABASES) for its effectiveness in studies of tourist spaces
Allow the students lay the foundation for a foundation necessary for the treatment and representation of digital geographic information and assess the benefits of using these computer resources in their future professional activities
Train in basic management of most common tools or affordable in the mapping process and the treatment of geographic data associated with tourism (process, representation, publication & Disclosure telematics) through practical exercises scheduled and assumptions applied
Training for project development work with these teconologías tourism promotion for broadcast and telematics, and career strategy for outreach and service planning professionals in the public and private tourism institutions