Faculties and centres
Human resources are one of the key elements for the success of the tourist company in the current competitive environment, so it is essential to know the problems involved in the direction and management of personnel and to know how to apply some of the main tools that are commonly used by companies in the sector to achieve the best possible results.
In order to get people to add value to the organization, it is necessary to analyze the main objectives, techniques and management systems and personnel management. For this reason, this subject offers an eminently applicable treatment to the world of tourism business, since it focuses on how to direct and motivate the main asset of any business organization: people. This issue is especially important in a type of organization such as tourism, where one of the key factors of success is personalized service and treatment with the client.
It is not, therefore, about training human resources managers, but that anyone who works in a company, whether large or small, or as an employee, middle manager or manager, knows what role they can play in development of a personnel function that adds value to your company.
This subject is related to:
- fundamentals of business economics
- production operations and processes
- labor law.
- strategic management of tourism companies
- quality management in tourism
- growth strategies of tourist companies
- trends and innovation in the hotel sector.
General Competences acquired at University of Alicante (CGUA)
Specific Competences (CE)
1. To know the nature of the human resources function and to know how to differentiate it from other business functions.
2. To know the functions and activities carried out by human resources departments, and how they contribute to the achievement of their basic objectives.
3. To Identify what roles the human resources director can play and what is the most suitable profile for each of them.
4. Knowing how to contextualize the human resources function within the company, its strategy, culture, structure, technology, etc.
5. To apply quantitative and qualitative techniques to research about jobs, skills, staff needs, etc.
6. To analyze problems related to personnel, evaluate their implications and prepare reports in which alternatives are proposed for their resolution.
7. To design human resource strategies, apply techniques and make decisions regarding human resources management.
8. To understand the fundamentals of human motivation.
9. To know the fundamentals of leadership.
10. Working as a team to evaluate alternatives and prepare problem solving reports.
11. Exposing and defending a certain line of argument before the rest of the classmates and defending it.