Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2022-23
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
Course context for academic year 2022-23
Fundamentals of Business Economics is a basic introductory course in which students acquire knowledge that allows them to be familiar with administration concepts and tools, so students can interpret business reality from a systematic and global perspective. From this point of view, the main focus of the subject is based on studying the company, the employer, and main business decisions. This is done in order to establish a first contact with reasoning knowledge and techniques that, later, will be developed in subjects such as business management and leadership. In particular, we can highlight the direct relationship with the following subjects:
- Operations and Production Processes in Tourism Companies. 2nd year.
- Human Resources Management and Planning in Tourism. 2nd year.
- Strategic Management of Tourism Companies. 3rd year.
- Quality Management in Tourism. 4th year.
- Growth Strategies in Tourism Companies. 4th year.
- Innovations and Trends in the Hotel Sector. 4th year.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
General Competences acquired at University of Alicante (CGUA)
- CGUA2 : Be able to use basic ICT tools at user level.
- CGUA3 : Oral and written communication skills: Be able to express oneself correctly in one of the two official languages of the Region of Valencia in one's discipline.
Specific Competences (CE)
- CE12 : Manage different kinds of tourist organisations.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
1. Knowing the evolution of the different theories for business organisation and administration (CE12).
2. Knowing what elements and characteristics define the business environment, distinguishing two basic types: macro and micro. (CE12).
3. Distinguishing the stages of the decision-making process and the most common mistakes made. (CE12).
4. Learning to use mathematical models for decision making (CE12).
5. Developing a critical approach to business situations. (CE12, CGUA2, CGUA3).
6. Developing different visions of the role of the company as a tool for economic development. (CE12, CGUA2, CGUA3).