Faculties and centres
Today we can speak of an experienced, demanding and independent tourist demand that values tourist experiences that are attractive and capable of generating unique memories with quality as a reference point. In this context, it is essential to have professionals who know how to plan all the aspects of a tourist circuit that can have an impact on tourist satisfaction, from route guidance to emergency assistance, to explaining content about the heritage and the society being visited, to managing services en route and at the destination, among others.
Knowing all the elements that make up the quality of a tourist service on a tour is essential and for this reason this subject is fundamentally practical, in which students will have to deal with each of the services that are put into practice in tourism on a tour.
- Acquire and master management, assistance and group dynamics techniques.
- Know and handle the basic resources and techniques for the preparation, design and development of tourist itineraries.
- Master and develop oral and gestural communication techniques of the guide, both in Spanish and English.
- Acquire agility in the search for and management of information related to the natural and cultural heritage of the working environment, using different sources and media.
- Know and apply different heritage animation techniques to be used in different situations.
- Develop skills of the tourist guide through practice in a real circuit and in different destinations, as well as acting with groups of different types of clients.