Faculties and centres
This course describes the application of robotics and automation in industrial processes to ensure that these are carried out effectively and autonomously. We study the components of a robot, their technical properties as well as their specifications. Methods and systems for controlling robots are described, focusing on the kinematic control for generating and tracking trajecories.In addition, we introduce aspects to implement a robotic system in industry, safety features and regulations to consider.
Within the field of automation, we will describe the main functions and programming of PLCs. This equipment interacts with an industrial process through sensors and actuators of different types to be described in the course. To supervise and monitor different processes governed by PLCs, we will describe the design and programming of SCADA systems (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition).
Specific Competences (Specific Technology):>>Computer Engineering
- Be able to desing and program robotic systems.
- Transducers, sensors, actuators and controllers employed commonly in robotics and industrial automation systems.
- Get skills programming control components.
- Learn how to design and program monitoring interfaces and automated control processes.
- Acquire the basic knowledge of industrial communications.
- Learn to develop and manage projects in robotics and industrial automation.