Faculties and centres
Theory and practice of the English language focused on written and oral expression tasks.
General Competences (CG)
Specific Competences (CE)
UA Basic Transversal Competences
- Developing students' communicative competences in the B2 level according to the Common European Reference Framework (CERF) in English language
- Beginning to understand the main ideas when the discourse is clear and normal, and attention is paid to everyday matters that take place at work, at schoool, during leisure time, etc.
- Starting to manage in usual situations of English-speaking countries
- Using UACloud with all its basic utilities (materials, debats, links, etc.) as a learning environment platform. Utilising word processors and other basic computer automation applications in individual or group tasks
- Learning to use the language laboratory to improve learning
- Reflecting on one's own learning in order to be able to identify and recognise the weaknesses, threats, strengths and opportunities that may appear
- Using knowledge, materials and resources in order to be able to learn in an autonomous manner
- Collaborating with the effort to achieve a common result or outcome, whether it is a written paper, an oral presentation, a debate or a conversation
- Utilising the English language as a communication instrument
- Developing professional skills in the English language: presentation of an idea, debate techniques, developing an argument, etc.
- Beginning to spontaneously participate in a conversation that deals with everyday topics (e.g. family, hobbies, work, travel, etc.)
- Being aware of the cultural differences between the native culture and that of English-speaking countries
- Becoming familiar with the foundations of English grammar
- Getting to know and beginning to practice with the basic tools of linguistic analysis, such as syntactic analysis, kinds of words, etc.
- Using translation as a tool for language learning and contrast
- Expressing oneself creatively in oral presentations and communications
- Undertaking to work for equality between men and women and to value the multiple shaping of current society, with an attitude of respect towards the fundamental rights of individuals.