Faculties and centres
This subject is focused on the activities that take place in the production subsystem of tourism companies. Therefore, the objectives of the subject are:
a) Knowing the production tasks in the accommodation, tourism intermediation and restaurant industries.
b) Being able to calculate the operating costs incurred by tourism companies to produce their services and their key performance indexes (KPI).
This subject gives tourism students a business-oriented perspective. Within the academic structure of the degree, this subject develops concepts introduced in the subject Fundamentals of Business Economics as well as topics that will be relevant to the subjects Strategic Management of Tourism Companies, Growth Strategies for Tourism Companies, Quality Management, Trends and Innovation in the Hotel Sector, and Travel Agencies and Intermediation in the Tourism Market.
Specific Competences (CE)
1. To know the main tourist agents.
2. To manage the main types of tourism organisations.
3. To know the operating procedures in the accommodation industry.
4. To know the operating procedures in the restaurant industry and F&B departments.
5. To know the operating procedures in tourism intermediation companies.
6. To develop motivation for quality.
7. To develop sensitivity towards environmental issues.