Faculties and centres
The subject offers the theoretical and methodological tools so that the tourism professional can analyze them and understand the broader social framework in which this industry, the tourist, is inserted. In this regard, attention is paid to the interactions between the subsystem of the tourism world and the other key social subsystems: cultural, urban and social. Its location in the second year of the Degree is justified by the need to equip students, who previously have already acquired a level of knowledge in tourism, a basic knowledge about the social reality of advanced societies, within which Has configured tourism. In this sense, the "Sociology of Tourism" is intensely related to other subjects taught in the previous course and in this same course: Introduction to Geography of Tourism, Tourist Territorial Resources and Typology of Tourist Spaces.
General Competences acquired at University of Alicante (CGUA)
Specific Competences (CE)
• Oral and written presentation of a report on the consequences of tourism.
• Analysis of cases and problems generated by tourism.
• Understand the fundamentals and basic concepts of Tourism Sociology.
• Know how to interpret social reality from a sociological perspective.
• Know how to contextualize and explain the social phenomena provoked or induced by tourism.