Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2022-23
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
Course context for academic year 2022-23
The main aim of this subject is to introduce the student to the basic notions on Economics and provide it with primary instruments of analysis that can let him/her analyse firms’ economic context and the economic activity of the tourism sector in order to forecast future trends and be able to take the best decisions from the economic information provided by data bases and using the appropriate software.
At the same time, the students obtain the necessary notions to start to carry out assessments of potential destinations and/or tourist resources, prospective analysis to get profits from specific areas and analysis of economic impacts that are generated by tourist activities. In addition, this course explains the basic notions that will be used by the subject “Market Structure” in the second year. In fact, this syllabus and the syllabus of that subject are completely coordinated.
Firstly, the subject begins with an introduction in which the main economic objectives and trends of economic thought are commented in order to show the layout of the current economic situation and the relationship among the different economic agents.
The second part is dedicated to microeconomics. In this parte, the characteristics of the different market structures are analysed as well as the behaviour of firms and consumers.
Finally, the third part of the syllabus is dedicated to macroeconomics. In this part students can study national accounting, the relationship among the different economic variables as well as the types of economic policies that can be implemented to attenuate undesired economic trends and their effect on the international and national tourism sector.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
General Competences acquired at University of Alicante (CGUA)
- CGUA2 : Be able to use basic ICT tools at user level.
- CGUA3 : Oral and written communication skills: Be able to express oneself correctly in one of the two official languages of the Region of Valencia in one's discipline.
- CGUA4 : Be able to commit oneself ethically with sustainability, fundamental rights, equality of men and women, the principles of equal opportunity and universal accessibility for the disabled, as well as the values of a peaceful, democratic culture.
Specific Competences (CE)
- CE1 : Understand the principles of tourism: its spatial, social, cultural, legal, political, labour and economic dimension.
- CE2 : Analyse the economic dimension of tourism.
- CE23 : Analyse the impacts generated by tourism.
- CE24 : Analyse and use information and communication technologies (ICT) in the different fields of the tourist sector.
- CE3 : Understand the dynamic and evolutionary nature of tourism in the new leisure society.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
1.- To learn the importance of Tourism in the subject “National and International Economic Structure” (CE1, CE2, CGUA3)
2.- To understand the characteristics and behaviour of the different market structures (CE1, CE2, CGUA3)
3.- To find and understand economic information to analyse situations, forecast trends, detect opportunities, take decisions, and implement strategies in macroeconomic contexts (CE23, CE24, CGUA2).
4.- To learn basic quantitative methods to extract relevant information from macroeconomic and accounting variables. (CE23, CE24, CGUA2).