Faculties and centres
This course provides students with the tools needed on the basic concepts related to signals and analog and digital systems. These concepts are essential for future subjects in which they perform signal processing.
We study the different types of signals and analog and digital systems in both time domain and in the frequency domain, and the various tools used to characterize the corresponding transformed domain. It also studies the process of digitizing analog signals necessary to perform signal processing.
UA Basic Transversal Competences
Basic Transversal Competences
Specific Competences: >> Competences Common to the Telecommunications Branch
Specific Competences: >> Competences Specific to Sound and Image
- Understand and analyze the different elements and signals involved in the telecommunication or remote communication, both analog and digital.
- Understand the process of digitization of analog signals.
- Develop the ability to analyze and design systems.
- Being able to characterize and analyze signals and systems continuous and discrete in time domain and in frequency.
- Know the advantages and limitations of digital signal processing.