Faculties and centres
17533 Social Sciences Didactic: History is teached during the 2nd semester of the 3rd course in the Degree of Primary Education, between January and June. It's de second subject in the field of Social Sciences that is studied during the degree as the students worked the previous year the Didactics of Geography. Both subjects analyzed teaching and learning processes about two main concepts in Social Sciences: time and space.
The subject 17533 Social Sciences Didactic: History will work around the concept of historic time and its teaching, to educate future teachers to locate themselves and understand the society around them.
General Competences (CG)
Specific Competences (CE)
The didactic objectives of the subject 17533 Didactics of Social Sciences: History will be the following:
- Recognize the teaching of the concept of historical time as a basis for the study of History, working on its particularities and main learning difficulties: change, continuity, diachrony and synchrony.
- Investigate the processes and events of history through their sources.
- Know and value the different historical periods as well as the civilizations and societies that developed, their ways of life and the social guidelines that defined them: Prehistory, Ancient Ages, Middle Ages, Modern Ages and Contemporary Ages.
- Study, investigate and learn about social and public history, making special mention of social issues that are made invisible by the traditional discourse of history.
- Educate peace through the subject of history, knowing examples of men and women who worked and defended this value.
- Recognize in the events of the past those that are still present and define the society in which they live, treating with special mention those that define the values of citizenship and a democratic society.
- Study the different movements in the History of Art, its most important examples and the main characteristics.
- Make visible and know the female contribution to historical processes, both from the point of view of its protagonists, and from the point of view of women who investigate history.