Faculties and centres
Physical inactivity is one of the most pressing problems related to health and quality of life. There are alarming data on the impact and prevalence of so-called "hypokinetic diseases" (obesity, metabolic syndrome, hypertension, diabetes, coronary heart disease, osteoporosis, etc.). Through the subject, the student will know and be able to evaluate and teach the different programs that currently exist for individuals of different ages and with different levels of practice, who seek to carry out a healthy and regular physical activity, for the improvement and balance of their physical and mental levels, providing a better quality of life and minimizing the possible risks of suffering from illnesses.
General Competences (CG)
Specific Competences (CE)
- To interpret the relationships between health, physical activity and physical fitness.
- To know and differentiate the factors and systems that determine physical fitness related to quality of life (QOL) versus physical fitness performance.
- To know the official recommendations regarding the prescription of physical activity to improve QOL.
- To know methods to quantify physical activity and relate it to health.
- To know the bases for a correct prescription of Physical Activity and Health programs in healthy subjects.
- To have enough knowledge to elaborate healthy Physical Activity programs for healthy individuals based on a methodological model of Physical Activity systematization taking into account gender differences.
- To know designs, methods and research techniques in the field of physical activity for QOL in healthy subjects.
- To apply different health and fitness tests, according to the needs, capacities and limitations according to individuals and gender.
- To identify the different environments for the promotion of Physical Activity and quality of life and their organization.
- To establish the basic guidelines to ensure the safety of practitioners in physical activity programs.
- To know the latest technological resources in control, evaluation and training equipment applied in the field of physical activity and health.