Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2022-23
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
Course context for academic year 2022-23
Physical inactivity is one of the most pressing problems related to health and quality of life. There are alarming data on the impact and prevalence of so-called "hypokinetic diseases" (obesity, metabolic syndrome, hypertension, diabetes, coronary heart disease, osteoporosis, etc.). Through the subject, the student will know and be able to evaluate and teach the different programs that currently exist for individuals of different ages and with different levels of practice, who seek to carry out a healthy and regular physical activity, for the improvement and balance of their physical and mental levels, providing a better quality of life and minimizing the possible risks of suffering from illnesses.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
General Competences (CG)
- CG1.1 : Capacity to identify, list, analyse, synthesise and apply the conceptual content determined by the subjects studied for the Sciences of Physical Activity and Sport degree.
- CG1.2 : Capacity to manage information and knowledge in new and complex situations, solve problems and take decisions to develop instrumental content and procedures for the subjects in the Sciences of Physical Activity and Sport degree course.
- CG3.1 : Capacity to design, apply and evaluate high-quality processes, programs and projects in the fields of teaching, training and the promotion of health and recreational sport
- CG3.2 : Awareness and recognition of diversity and multiculturalism in the fields of teaching and learning, training and the promotion of health and recreation.
Specific Competences (CE)
- CE1 : Capacity for managing and applying knowledge of the effects of practising physical exercise on the structure and function of the human body.
- CE10 : Capacity to design, apply and evaluate high-quality processes, programmes and projects for teaching and learning physical activity among the adult population, the elderly and the disabled.
- CE11 : Capacity to design, apply and evaluate high-quality processes, programmes and projects to evaluate fitness and prescribe corrective exercises.
- CE12 : Ability to identify the risks to health from practising incorrect physical activities and prescribe health-oriented physical exercises.
- CE13 : Capacity to design, apply and evaluate high-quality processes, programmes and projects in the field of promoting long-lasting and autonomous habits of practising physical activity and sport, paying special attention to diversity and multiculturalism.
- CE3 : Capacity for managing and applying knowledge of the physiological and biomechanical factors that condition the practice of Physical Activity and Sport.
- CE4 : Capacity for managing and applying knowledge of the behavioural, social and educational factors that condition the practice of Physical Activity and Sport.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
- To interpret the relationships between health, physical activity and physical fitness.
- To know and differentiate the factors and systems that determine physical fitness related to quality of life (QOL) versus physical fitness performance.
- To know the official recommendations regarding the prescription of physical activity to improve QOL.
- To know methods to quantify physical activity and relate it to health.
- To know the bases for a correct prescription of Physical Activity and Health programs in healthy subjects.
- To have enough knowledge to elaborate healthy Physical Activity programs for healthy individuals based on a methodological model of Physical Activity systematization taking into account gender differences.
- To know designs, methods and research techniques in the field of physical activity for QOL in healthy subjects.
- To apply different health and fitness tests, according to the needs, capacities and limitations according to individuals and gender.
- To identify the different environments for the promotion of Physical Activity and quality of life and their organization.
- To establish the basic guidelines to ensure the safety of practitioners in physical activity programs.
- To know the latest technological resources in control, evaluation and training equipment applied in the field of physical activity and health.