Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2014-15
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2014-15
Course context for academic year 2014-15
This course is the first contact with computer technology elements in the building of student learning.
The subject covers the use of basic office applications management for the development, management, dissemination and promotion of technical documents related to Construction Engineering. Furthermore, it carries the knowledge of computer networks and the main components of their common facilities. In addition, it will be explained content about computer technologies related to Web 2.0, in order to provide students with an overview of the possibilities that these technologies offer for their professional profile.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
General Transversal Competences
- G12 : Computer and information skills.
- G13 : Oral and written communication skills.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2014-15
- Learning the basic features of the most common software and hardware components in computers and their communication.
- Knowing and understanding different positional number systems and logic formalisms as an essential part of the calculation tools.
- Meeting some of the Internet and online applications as a basic resource for the collection, dissemination and promotion of information, including related Web 2.0 applications.
- Knowing the most common licenses uses.
- Knowing how a spreadsheet operates with data
- Learning how to structure and manage information through a database
- Learning how to use the basic tools for digital image processing and for multimedia presentations